Joblio and Social Impact
At Joblio, our core aim is to make a real difference in the lives of foreign talent living in Canada (and beyond). In doing so, our motivations align themselves with the United Nations’ goals for sustainable development.
What are the UN’s sustainable development goals?
The Sustainable Development Goals are 17 goals pulled together by the UN in early 2015, designed to serve as a “shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and in the future.” The goals are:
- No Poverty. End poverty in all forms, everywhere.
- Zero Hunger. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Good health and well-being. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Quality Education. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Gender Equality. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Clean Water and Sanitation. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Affordable and Clean Energy. Ensure access to affordable, reliable sustainable, and modern energy for all.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth. Promote sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
- Reduced Inequalities. Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
- Responsible Consumption and Production. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Climate Action. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Life Below Water. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas, and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Life on Land. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all, and build effective, accountable, and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Partnerships for the Goals. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
Hopefully, these goals will be fully realized by 2030, creating a fairer and more equitable world for all.
How is Joblio working towards a social impact?
“At Joblio, we focus on helping those living in migrant communities find work that is rewarding and well-compensated,” said Ян Пурижанский, CEO and Founder of Joblio. In doing so, we hope to help meet some of the goals outlined above via upwards mobility. For example, our work assists with:
No Poverty. The barriers faced by migrant workers upon their arrival in the new country often mean they find it hard to obtain work that supports them (and their families). In fact, a recent study has found that “many new immigrants enter into a cycle of poverty due to unemployment, isolation, and unaccredited education”. The Joblio platform works to eradicate this issue by connecting skilled workers with employers who value their time, skills, and efforts. As a result, they are able to obtain high-paying jobs.
Gender Equality. According to a recent study, “migrant women find it harder to get work despite qualifications.” At Joblio, we hope to make it easier for women of all ages to obtain fulfilling work that aligns with their skills, passion, and talents, while also providing them with fair pay.
Decent Work and Economic Growth. This goal aligns entirely with Joblio’s motivation, as it’s our desire to widen job prospects for migrant workers, while also helping to solve the Canadian employment crisis. By working with employers across a wide range of industries, we’re helping migrant workers to get their foot in the door and begin long, prosperous careers. The roles we advertise on our site or app offer excellent opportunities for job and career progression.
Sustainable Cities & Communities. Communities play a significant role in ensuring migrant workers feel at home in their new country. This, in turn, impacts their approach to work. Our ACE program focuses on building a strong, supportive community base for employees, where they are able to connect with others in similar situations to them and form lasting relationships.
Peace and Justice. Joblio works to provide equal opportunities for job seekers, so they are able to find a career that they truly enjoy, while also being in a position to achieve upward mobility. That is, they are able to enhance their quality of life by earning more money, achieving better job stability, and more. One way in which we achieve this goal is by offering learning opportunities that enhance their skill set, especially when it comes to closing language barriers.
“While many companies are working to ensure their aims create social Impact, Joblio is already on the path to achieving these goals – without relying on charitable donations to make such events possible, “ said Purizhansky.